Wednesday, June 27, 2012

20things : Boxed


1. I made this box out of words.
2. I built it up, each layer thin as tissue. 
3. None of the angles are right.
4. If I set it on the porch in the rain, the walls will collapse. 
5. There is no box.
6. There is only me, and I am tender all over.
7. A strong wind will sway me back and forth.
8. Or there is a box, but it was formed before I was born.
9. If you open the box, you may see a lake on fire. 
10. Will the pain cease to exist if I can find a way not to believe in it?
11. Forget the fucking box already.
12. I played decompensate.
13. It grew from sate.
14. How ridiculous is that?
15.. Sleep is for the sated.
16. Does pain occur at the site of injury, or when the nerves fire and tell the brain, hurt now?
17. It makes complete sense that desiring nothing is the ultimate state of perfection for a Buddhist.
18. Having been raised Catholic I was taught my reward would be in the next life.
19. But nirvana strips you of need.
20. To desire nothing. I could sleep then.

No comments:

Post a Comment