Sunday, February 26, 2012

can't sleep; do work


So this morning I got up at 5:55 and starting working because my brain turned on even though my body was still tired. It was bothering me that I hadn’t placed the poems from the chapbook into the new manuscript yet. It had been on my list from yesterday. Instead I did a whole mess of house chores to avoid it. I say “new” manuscript but it feels like this thing is so old, like it’s dogging me, it’s that houseguest who happily occupies the couch for a year. 
Somehow when I replaced less strong poems with some from the chapbook, the MS got longer by a page. I double and triple checked. Ugh. And adjusted the spacing between the title and start of the poems so they were absolutely all the same. Now it’s ready to go for the next round of submissions. Deadlines: March 1, March 15, March 15, and March 31.
Since we’ll be in Vegas for a chunk of March I’d like to get this all out of the way ASAP.
The good thing about reformatting, rearranging and tweaking was that it made me fall in love with my houseguest all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment