Sunday, January 6, 2013

Angel for Alaina

Yesterday I found out my friend Alaina was killed in a car crash; apparently she'd had an undiagnosed heart condition and had a heart attack while driving. We had been friends in high school; then Facebook reconnected us after many years. She was a back-to-the-land type of girl who ran a small farm with her husband, had her own silk-dyeing business, and home-schooled her six children. 

She even commented on my blog sometimes, especially on the posts about dealing with chronic pain or disability. A year, or was it two? time seems to fly faster and faster she was in a previous car accident that left to her endure multiple surgeries and lots of medication. We never got to re-connect in person, but I always looked forward to her fb posts. She wrote about her family and her daily adventures with such honestly and wit. The love she radiated to the world was amazing. I can't believe she's gone. 


I made this collage for her this morning. I hope the loving energy I felt while doing it makes its way to her on her journey.



Angel for Alaina


No comments:

Post a Comment