Friday, July 6, 2012

20things : Unstuck


1. In the heat I become unstuck from myself.

2. It starts with a papercut on my left thumb.

3. My skin curls back like an aging piece of tape until my whole torso unpeels.

4. Like a giant hand pressing down on the crown of my head, the heat bids me kneel.

5. My fall to the floor seems endless.

6. But, I think, it's not so bad down here, on my back, on the tile.

7. Breezy, even.

8. I see why the cats like it.

9. They stretch to their longest possible length.

10. They show a lot of belly.

11. Then my fascia, my muscles, grow brittle and snap.

12. I'm thinking I really should blog this.

13. My bones desiccate, dissolve.

14. It's like an oven in here!

15. Not the heat, but the humidity!

16. My liver slithers from where there used to be ribs. Then my spleen. Then all the fancy ductwork that held it together.

17. I notice my liver is the color of the grout between the tiles and wish we'd picked a different color.

18. There's nothing much to do but look up at the ceiling fan.

19. Whirl whirl whirl.

20. The heat makes me so dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment