Thursday, July 12, 2012

negotiations.

Dear My-Hip-and-Lower-Back-Muscles:

Please forgive me for not remembering all of your names. I need you to really cooperate here. I need you to not spaz on me until after 7/27. Really, August 1 would be ideal. I realize that I'm not keeping up my end of the relationship as well as I could. I have been remiss in some areas, and I'm sorry. I'm dehydrating you. Not feeding you protein. Sleeping in contorted ways and then having nightmares which stiffen my whole body. You can't blame me for that last bit though. The unconscious can be so wily. I'm going to try harder to at least give you more fluids and maybe yoga on Saturday. You like yoga, remember? I realize holding my torso up is a real task, and many times I tax you with bad posture. After that thing I have to go to tonight, where I'm sure the seats will not be to your liking, if there are seats, I'm going to try to remember to do some stretching before bed, which should help, yes? Please don't make me put on the back brace. Everyone agrees on how much we hate it.

Yours in bodily unity,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment