Saturday, April 14, 2012

Jewelry for shop opening almost all done!

... and here it is. As I upload these pix I am *so* reminded that a) there is ambient cat hair in my house and I don't think it will ever all be vacuumed up and b) I really need to get better quality photos for the shop opening. I've been checking out what some other people have done to shoot their jewelry and their shots are inspiring. It's difficult to shoot jewelry, I've found, because almost all surfaces reflect the light and so the pictures get (technical term here)... weird. But here's the crappy shots to give you a preview.




I've been playing around with wire-wraps and having fun with earrings, still. But finally I did produce two necklaces. One will be shown here, and I gotta get the other one out of its little storage place. I thought I'd shot / blogged it already. Here's necklace #2.


I think this one measures about 16" and the charm maybe 2.5". That reminds me I also have to get size and weight specs for all of these. I wonder if I should buy a digital scale for better accuracy. I have one of the plastic variety right now, like the kind dieters use to measure portions, and it feels... approximate.

So I've officially made enough product to open ... the shop, which has a name, but it will be a surprise. Now I need to get to work with the good camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment