Monday, April 9, 2012

READING AT SPHINX TUESDAY 8PM

Yes, I just had to put that in the title of the post because I haven't promoted this reading enough. I was too busy with the Modern Formations one. I'm reading tomorrow night with Shaina Bazyk. She has a really serene energy to her. We went to a reading together once last year, but I'm not familiar with her work. But it's going to rock because the Sphinx series rocks in general.

Oi, so tired today, like I just can't wake up. The sky is that shade of gray that seems to swallow all the light, all my fortitude. I know this is what April is like.

I checked my new submission tracking spreadsheet this afternoon and apparently, since I've started the spreadsheet (late November 2011), my acceptance : rejection ratio is 1 acceptance per four rejections. I had to count it several times! That's a pretty high acceptance rate. I need to send out MORE MORE MORE to keep the good qi flowing.

I came to this coffee shop to research journals. Instead I got involved in some bureaucratic emailing and totally sidetracked. {yawn} Is it time for bed yet?

The nature of me though, is that if I have a day like this today, then I will be much more full of energy tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment