Thursday, May 3, 2012

XXXXXXXXXX

The X's stand for feelings and things that happened today, about which I can't write. There were some embarrassments today. Concerning some DPW barricades, and a rush hour bus ride. Two separate incidents. Apparently, in some situations, I don't have enough signifiers that I am blind, or I have too many non-blind signifiers or... what?

I wish there was somewhere / to someone I could go with all of this emotion riding my brain like a disease which I have just beaten back, but which is colonizing my pathways again.

I have a therapist who I've been going to for {does math} .....  {tries math again} .... um, a long time. Over ten years. She's really (so far) got nothing on this one. I think I have come to her with something she's never seen before. She is so smart. I respect her. I listen to what she has to say. Today, she made. A joke. About my anger. About / through this adjustment. I think she was trying to lighten the mood or something. It was. Really ill-timed.

**********

....Annnnnd we interrupt this blog post because a little girl (one of the hordes of children that play on our stretch of sidewalk was on her bike and just hit by a car. In front of our house. She looked to be about eight (?). I went outside right away but the neighbors who are on their porch 24/7, were already on it. Kind of puts my day in perspective though. Externally she looked okay-ish. They did put her on a back board though. Thank god people knew not to move her.

Our street winds through the slopes up and up, where houses are sort of terraced into the hill in a style of which I can only call Pittsburghian. Here's a shot from the cemetery across from our house.


People should not be driving up streets this steep as fast as they do. It's I think a 25 mph zone but there are no speed signs and not many stop signs. Plus, bad stereotype, every fifth person who drives through here is probably over the legal limit.

People should also probably not be letting their kids play on the narrow strip of sidewalk next to the street, but the backyards are really hilly and hard to play in, I imagine. I have to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment