Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cog Fog

So this week I decided to schedule multiple events each day, to try & ward off the depression that's been stalking me. The good news is, it worked. The " interesting" news is that, after four days of keeping myself mightily busy, I've got fibro fog.

For those who don't know, an example: I lose my ability to speak extemporaneously. I forget words, mix up the syntax of sentences. This morning when I first saw my friend (with whom I was work shopping) I blurted "It's so good to see you so bad!" I think I was aiming for "I've wanted to see you so badly." And this kept happening throughout our session. I would, many times, pause and hold my head and say "I'm sorry." Press my temples as if I could squeeze it out.

This fibro fog is one of the reasons I did not renew my contract for the spring. It is one of many reasons, but it was in the mix.

These events that have kept me busy are less demanding than a day of work was for me.

I've had full nights of sleep every night, with some days having naps.

Hm. I really should have this looked at. And I told myself once I was done with PT, that I would finally go see the fibro docs.

I think I'm scared they are going to tell me there's nothing they can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment