Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paranoia confirmed

So I wrote that yesterday I sent out a bunch of withdrawal notices, and talked about how paranoid I was that the editors will reject the entire MS just so they don't have to go through the trouble of pulling the one poem. WELL, this morning in my inbox what did I find... ? Two of the journals I sent w/d notices to yesterday "coincidentally" rejected me by this morning. The whole MS.

I hate when my cynicism is proven to be accurate.

I am not going to name names, although I am tempted.

I don't think I will ever submit to these particular journals again.

There's a third journal that I have a particular tenderness toward. A few years ago when I embarked upon this same project, this year of what I called "extreme submission," (it was 2005-2006, I think) this journal sent me a rejection but it was very flattering and encouraging. Small kindnesses mean a lot.

I am really hoping this journal does not add to the list of immediate rejectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment