Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crafternation

So I went back to the craft store today (only took 3 hrs 10 mins round trip as opposed to... whatever it was the other day) to exchange $6 worth of merch. Yes, I know. But. I didn't need the stuff, and I got better stuff, plus $0.43 back. That's 1/4 of an Americano.

And then I went to the hardware store, which is like a bigger version of the craft store. And I got some of these:


And some of these...


And I intend to have my way with them when I get upstairs, but sadly may need lunch and / or nap first.

{sigh} I miss the hardware stores like the one I used to work at, more like mom n' pop establishments and less big-box-extravaganza. I thought at least I was more likely to be anonymous, and that would be a good thing, but wouldn't you know it, some dude asked me if I needed help. However, I will point out (so you guys don't think I'm a total misanthrope) he was nice and our interaction was fortuitous. I wouldn't have found the Specialty Washers drawer for awhile. But I know the aisle and rough location now, and the delights that await within.

3 comments:

  1. You should try the Mt. Oliver hardware store. Quick walk, nice helpful staff, not giant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the dude didn't touch you or call you "honey"...LUCKY. I remember in college when we used to go to the hardware store to get items for our Halloween costumes. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, he was polite, informative, and generally awesome. Plus, he didn't ask the question that I've gotten from dudes in the smaller hardware stores when I go in for bits & pieces... "what do you intend to do with that?" So I was grateful ha ha. "I'M BUILDING A DEVICE."

    ReplyDelete