Friday, March 30, 2012

Earrings for the shop

So I made some more earrings this morning to go into the (still nonexistent) etsy shop. I want to have nine items before creating the shop. My aesthetic for this new shop is focusing on asymmetrical pieces and mixing of textures (specifically metallic and natural).

First pair:


I actually made these over the weekend but cut and filed the ends this morning. Thanks for the jewelry files mom!

Second earring:


I really like the way this one turned out. I can't decide if I make it a plain and simple partner or if it gets sold by itself. Feel free to weigh in on this. The bone got overexposed cos I was taking this with my cell. I'll photograph these again when it gets closer to the time of needing better photos. I might also need ear models.

And here is one I made for myself. It's for me instead of the shop because I'm not happy enough with how the wirework turned out. It was my second attempt at a wire earcuff. When it didn't work out; I went hammer smash smash! Actually more like tappy-tap. And flattened it. And recycled it into a charm.



Here's a detail of the two charms on the end. Also, I finally figured out that I can use bails (top left corner) as earcuffs! I don't know why this didn't occur to me before. Probably because I don't regularly use bails in my jewelry. The bail/earcuff has a cute tribal design on it, which I didn't take a picture of. It came that way.


PS: I finally did make a wire-wrap earcuff this morning. It's cute but not pretty. It stays on my head. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment